Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Maddy's First Day at Children's Day Out

I was so excited to find an ad in the paper announcing the Children's Day Out (CDO)program. Finally, a way to meet other moms and kids!!! Maddy's first day was today. I had a hard time leaving her, but she did great! There were 2 boys and 1 other girl in her class, all a few months older than her. Her teacher said that she played well, took a long nap and only got fussy right before naptime. She didn't want to eat her lunch or drink her bottles...guess she was still trying to figure out why Mommy wasn't giving those things to her. She made up for it and ate her lunch when she got home, then turned around and ate dinner a couple hours later. I'm relieved that she did well, but missed her so much today! I got some much needed cleaning done, so I feel like I accomplished something during my "break". I'm hoping to get to help out as a substitute or assist in some other way at CDO so that I can meet some more of the moms.

Maddy ready for "school". She's checking out her new shoes & kicking her legs in excitement.


Maddy on the ride to school. She has really become attached to her "Special Blanket", so she carried it around at school today. We're down to only having the Binky at naptime, bedtime and in the car.


Maddy after school. She wouldn't stay still long enough for me to get a picture of her in her cute new dress. She picked it out all by herself! (Pulled it off the rack at Target!--If only all decisions were that easy!)

1 comment:

  1. What a big girl Maddie is! Going to school like an old pro! Maybe she can go shopping with me soon and help me pick out some clothes. I can never make up my mind!

    ReplyDelete